Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Musical Inspirations

Like any other human being on this planet I have many sides. One is my feminist side who is currently not speaking to me.

The communication ended when while driving in the car with my sister listing to the to the radio we found ourselves singing along to Usher's OMG (OMG). The song is damned catchy. While my preferences tend towards harder music (I'm hoping to go see Iron Maiden in July) there is some part of me that wants to be the girl described in that song. Mostly because "Baby how you do that, make a grown man cry"


At this point my feminism rears itself to point out how this entire song is about a guy claiming to fall in love with a girl based merely on her appearance and sweet dance moves which probably emulate some depraved sex act and why would I ever want to stoop to being loved merely for being a sex symbol shouldn't be my personality and brains that causes guys to love me? At which point it has to stop and take a breathe before glaring at me and walking away in a huff. 


Currently I'm trying to coax her back into speaking terms by promising that when I'm older I'll be a a cougar, and that's empowering right?

No comments:

Post a Comment