Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Denim Remix

Scrooge McDuck is my hero. I want to one day swim in a pool of gold coins (with proper safety measures to prevent drowning of course) So I like to try to save my money. 

On the other hand I love new stuff. And these past few months I, the reformed tom-boy, have embraced my girly side. This has led to purchases like new shoes, a new dress, and a really cute pair of earrings. Unfortunately these things have dipped into my gold swimming pool fund. 

In an effort to preserve that fund I am trying to re-use and/or re-purpose clothes I already have. So I present the jeans I fixed for $1.70. 

To the left is the before picture, to the right is the after. For a cheap box of dye i was able to breathe some new life into these faded jeans. I still need to cut and hem the bottom of them though since they are too long so the bottom is all torn up.


I am also considering trimming these jeans down into skinnys but I am hesitant to do so since they are a really nice boot cut and fit just perfectly over most of my shoes (minus the Boots o' Doom) Hopefully these will be finished by the end of the week so I can have options to wear for the holiday weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment