Sunday, June 27, 2010

Storms and Stomaches

I love thunderstorms, especially during the summer. The warm weather combined with the amazing displays of nature is like an invitation to sit out on the porch and enjoy. The one thing I dislike about them is when it is stormy in the morning and becomes sunny later in the day. I get into that cloudy day mood, ready to do things that mostly entail being inside then the weather changes and my plans feel all askew.
This morning's thunderstorm through the Mid-Michigan region was one of those good, curl-up-and-read-a-book ones. Not awe-inspiring and loud, but the occasional rumble of thunder punctuating the sound of rainfall. Very pleasant to listen to since I was woken up this morning around 5:30am by a very very upset stomach. Luckily my brother was sleeping on the couch just outside my room so I could yell just loud enough for him to get me a damn bucket.
The thunderstorm was just a little reminder that God does not hate me, even though my stomach was punishing me for something. (Frankly I think it was my 1am snack that did it. The ice cream tasted a little off.) Any ways. I have all my indoor plans laid out and the weather man assures me it will be dreary and humid all day long, two good reasons to stay inside and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment