Monday, September 13, 2010

Sliding into insanity: Online Package Tracking

So I mentioned in my last post that I had ordered a new pair of shoes as the BDay present from Me to Me.

Aren't They Pretty?
Shortly after publishing that post I got an email confirming that the shoes had shipped. This email included the oh-so-convenient UPS tracking number. Now every couple hours or so I pull up the UPS website to find my package. This morning while procrastinating getting out of my warm bed I pulled up the route from Indianapolis to Ypsilanti to see approximately how long it would take the truck to get into the nearest UPS distribution center. 

I do realize I'm a little nuts. Possibly more than a little. But this is an issue with the internet. With so much available instantly, we begin to lose our patience with the things that take a while. So this is probably an excellent opportunity for me to exercise patience and contentment. Instead I'm going to hit "refresh" on the UPS tracking page until my package arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment