Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Won!

Most people in the world have luck of one kind or another. Not me. For the most part I tend to be rather luck-less, suffering from neither good or bad luck. However every once in a while I am given a sample of luck (sometimes good, sometimes bad) just so I can have the experience. 

Last week I received a taste of good luck: As I may have mentioned the amazing and creative Carly J. Cais of Chic Steals was one the of the bloggers who participated in New York Design Shop's Create Couture Challenge  Since she is a major overachiever and puts my little projects to shame (I have three shirts I keep putting off even though summer and my free time is coming to a swift end) Carly submitted 12 DIY projects within the time constraints of the contest! As a rabid follower, of her blog I voted for her (though ...Love Meagan has some of my loyalty as well). Carly won the contest by what I hear was a very narrow margin (cue applause!) 

Thats where things get a little confusing, at least when I try to explain it. Seriously, I had to tell my mom three times why I was giving my home address to a random internet celebrity. NY Design Shop had a drawing for the voters who participated in the Create Couture Challenge. The winning voter got to choose a prize from the DIYs of the winning blogger. And I won!!!!11!!one!!

The prize I chose was the beautiful Double-Fringe Necklace Which was awesome since I planned on making one anyways. Instead I got to have one made for me by the designer! (Excuse me while I have a complete and total fan-girl moment) 

Of course no good luck comes without it's constant companion Bad Luck. I was sick with crippling allergies for the better part of the rest of the week. Anyone with allergies can attest the the attractiveness caused by swollen sinuses and runny noses. In order to prevent permanently scarring any future generations I avoided all cameras until my face returned to a semblance of normalcy. 

Finally I have a picture of me in my newly won necklace!


I'm freshly showered in this picture my hair is not normally so well behaved. 

I wore the necklace out shopping today and got tons of complements. Even my mom liked it and she prefers jewelery to be understated. I'm thinking I will pair it with my cute navy blue dress and cork wedges for the first day of my final year of school! May as well carry my pinch of good luck into the school year.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such kind words! You look so gorgeous in the necklace - I'm so glad someone like you won it! It's heartwarming to be appreciated and know that your creations go on to a good home:-)

    I've just added your blog to my reading list!
    xoxo
    Carly
    www.chic-steals.com

    ReplyDelete